Hampton City Schools to begin setting up appointments for pre-kindergarten registration
Hampton City Schools will begin making appointments for registration for pre-kindergarten on Monday, March 15, 2021. Interested families should call Moton Early Childhood Center at 757-727-2448 to schedule an appointment. The child must attend the appointment with the parent or guardian.
Children must be four years old on or before September 30, 2021, to be eligible to register. Parents/Guardians need to bring the following with them to registration:
- Proof of residency – this could be a mortgage/lease statement or current public utilities statement such as water, electric, gas or residency affidavit (available at any school or the HCS website)
- Income Verification - qualifying incomes must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see chart below)
- Military residents must provide current Leave & Earnings Statement (LES)
- Non-Military residents must provide one of the following for each employed household member:
-Income Tax Return (current year)
-W-2 Form (current year)
-Two pay statements (two most current)
-All other sources of income
- Photo identification of parent or guardian
- Child’s state issued birth certificate
- Child’s physical and immunization records are required to participate (both forms should be given to the school once your child has been accepted)
- Transportation information – must provide one pick-up/drop-off address with the name of the person who will put the child on the bus and receive the child off the bus
Please call 757-727-2448 for more information.