Hampton City Schools to begin taking appointments for pre-kindergarten registration on March 28
Hampton City Schools will begin making appointments for pre-kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year on March 28. Interested families should call Moton Early Childhood Center at 757-727-1061 to schedule an appointment.
Children must be four years old on or before September 30, 2022, to be eligible to register. Parents/Guardians need to bring the following with them to registration:
- Proof of residency – this could be a mortgage/lease statement or current public utilities statement such as water, electric, gas or a residency affidavit (available at any school or the HCS website)
- Income verification - qualifying incomes must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see chart below)
- Military residents must provide current Leave & Earnings Statement (LES)
- Non-Military residents must provide one of the following for each employed household member:
-Income Tax Return (current year)
-W-2 Form (current year)
-Two pay statements (two most current)
-All other sources of income
- Photo identification of parent or guardian
- Child’s state issued birth certificate
- Child’s physical and immunization records are required to participate (both forms should be given to the school once your child has been accepted)
- Transportation information – must provide one pick-up/drop-off address with the name of the person who will put the child on the bus and receive the child off the bus
Please call 757-727-1061 for more information.