RETURN TO HOME NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS GO TO NEWS ARCHIVES
- 2021-02-02 16.03.20.jpgCulinary Greenhouse with hydroponic growing system.
- 2021-02-02 16.21.15.jpgCybersecurity lab with virtual “sandbox” where students can perform and protect against penetration tests, develop packet tracing, and other high technical skills.
- 2021-02-02 17.01.13.jpg3D printer allows students to make prototypes from 3D designs
- 2021-02-02 17.18.32.jpgOffices and chambers for law counseling
- 2021-02-02 17.17.49.jpgMock courtroom for the Academy of Law and Public Safety to perform mock trials
- 2021-02-02 16.02.50.jpgCulinary greenhouse, for students to learn nutrition and farm-to-table concepts.
- IMG_3184.jpgLettuce crops to be grown in the culinary greenhouse.
- 2021-02-02 17.20.52.jpgMedical science wing at Bethel High’s Governor’s Health Science Academy
- 2021-02-02 16.22.23.jpgCybersecurity lab with virtual “sandbox” where students can perform and protect against penetration tests, develop packet tracing, and other high technical skills.
- 2021-02-02 17.00.20.jpgConstruction lab for building and fabrication
- 2021-02-02 17.01.42.jpgConstruction lab for building and fabrication
- 2021-02-02 17.00.42.jpgConstruction lab for building and fabrication
- 2021-02-02 16.18.33.jpgView of the digital video production studio
- 2021-02-02 16.22.06.jpgCybersecurity lab with virtual “sandbox” where students can perform and protect against penetration tests, develop packet tracing, and other high technical skills.
- 2021-02-02 16.18.06.jpgControl room in the digital video production studio
- 2021-02-02 16.19.37.jpgGreen screen and backdrops for video production and photography
- IMG_9162.JPGMarketing classroom with “Think Tank” areas for brainstorming and ideation
- 2021-02-02 17.20.28.jpgMedical science wing at Bethel High’s Governor’s Health Science Academy
- IMG_9160.JPGEntrepreneurship and Information Design Lab equipped with wide format printers, laser cutters, 3D printers and more
CTE month, Celebrate Today, Own Tomorrow
Hampton City Schools is proud to celebrate Career and Technical Education (CTE) month with a great tradition of course offerings in every CTE program area. Click the topics below for more information.
Business and Information Technology
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Medical Sciences
Trade and Industrial Education
Starting in grade six, students have the opportunity to take CTE elective classes. Entering high school, students take the exploratory Success 101 course, designed to make students think about their future and get on the career pathway that is right for them. CTE serves as the backbone of most of Hampton City Schools’ career academies, exposing students to career pathways, skills, and experiential learning.
Though most students are currently not in the building, CTE teachers have been using online curriculum, remote learning tools, and virtual simulators to make CTE learning work remotely.
CTE teachers are working hard to make sure their students will graduate college, career, and life ready, working with industry partners for virtual guest speaker engagements, webinars, and project-based learning opportunities. For instance, students in courses like economics and personal finance hear from people in the banking industry, and also have taken the Workplace Readiness Skills Assessment - many earning a passing score, earning their certification. CTE is also providing students with opportunities to earn industry recognized credentials, such as Microsoft Office Specialist, ServeSafe food handler, OSHA 10, and more. Technology and virtual learning tools have allowed CTE to “Celebrate Today.”
When students return to in-person learning, they will continue to grow their skills in state of the art CTE labs and learning spaces.
These opportunities for real-world, relevant, hands-on learning allow students to make connections to what they are learning in language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies building a talent pipeline for the future workforce. CTE is planting the seeds for success in life after graduation, ensuring they can choose their career pathway, and “Own Tomorrow.”
Learn more about CTE and the benefits it provides to students, industry, and community.
What is CTE? https://www.acteonline.org/why-cte/what-is-cte/
Sector Sheets, CTE, the Key to Economic Development: https://www.acteonline.org/why-cte/what-is-cte/basic-facts/sector-sheets/